Monday, June 2, 2008

Learning from The Learning Channel

I've become a huge fan of the show, "Jon and Kate Plus Eight" on TLC. It's about a family in Pennsylvania with a set of twins and a set of sextuplets. I love watching the family interactions, the antics of the kids, and the relationship between Jon and Kate. And what I love beyond all that is that they're Christians.

In last week's episode, they showed the family taking the kids to church (it had been referenced before but not actually shown). In Kate's interview, she said explained why she loves the Children's Ministry at their church, "They don't always do what's easiest for them--they do what's best for the kids."

I hope that's what can be said about our ministry. Maybe I should make a plaque and hang it on my wall... "Don't do what's easiest for you. Do what's best for the kids."

Oh, and Jon and Kate take their kids to the bathroom before checking them in!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, Jill, that's a great motto! Love the connection!
Mom

Counter
Sony Style USA