Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Stepping Down

For the few of you who actually take a look at this blog or still subscribe to something that hasn't been posted on in over a year: I haven't been blogging about Children's Ministries because I have found my part time hours so limited that I can only focus on getting my weekly tasks done. It doesn't mean the work hasn't been happening though. And for as much as I have LOVED my job, I have found myself loving the idea of being home all the time with my son even more. Here is the letter we sent out to the families of our church this evening:

Dear Parents,

I am writing to tell you that after much thought and prayer, I am stepping down as Morning Star’s Children’s Ministries Director in order to stay home and be a full time mom to Jace. This has been a hard decision to come to as I love my job at Morning Star, I love the staff, and I love you—our families. But I feel so confident in this choice and am excited to spend my time with Jace (and Nolan too!).

I am so thankful for my time on staff at Morning Star. I feel as if I truly “grew up” here, joining the staff just after graduating college. This is where I discovered who God called me to be, met my husband and dedicated my son. Our leadership has blessed me so much by giving me opportunities to use my gifts, encouraged my growth, and cared for my family. I respect our pastors so much and Nolan and I look forward to continuing to learn from them as we discover what it is like to simply be members of this church.

The transition ahead for Children’s Ministries has been prayed over and taken very seriously. You won’t notice any changes in the care and teaching your children receive each week—unless it is the continual growth and improvement we always strive for in our program. Lucy Younis, our Early Childhood Director, has agreed to step into the role of Interim Children’s Ministries Director for the next six months. During this time the leadership will continue to look at what the best plan for our program is and address any staffing needs. Jared Boltman continues to pastor our elementary students while Justine Sowers helps him lead Adventure Mountain. Lucy, Jared and I have always felt that we have an incredible team, and I know that their talents and strengths will continue to complement one another well.

I gave the reigns over to Lucy on November 1, but will continue to be around this month acting as a consultant/advisor; handing over my responsibilities, helping her understand the history of our program and wrapping up some of my ongoing projects. You’ll also still see me around at check in on the weekends for the rest of November—I’m not ready to say goodbye quite yet! And then, after that, Nolan, Jace and I will join your ranks as attendees of this church we love so much.

Thank you so much for allowing me to be a part of your family for these past several years. It has been a joy and a blessing to watch your kids grow spiritually and physically.

Love,

Jill

No comments:

Counter
Sony Style USA